- The Luckey Star
- » Archives
I want my starz to read this story in it's entirety and comment below!
I met Stephawn, (Real Name: Isaac Burks – Isaac Don Burks), when I was 19 years old. I had just moved to Atlanta from North Carolina to attend Clark Atlanta University. At 19, I was still trying to figure out my sexual orientation. I was still a virgin, because I was raised with traditional values. I was attracted to females, but I was also attracted to men. In fact, my attraction to men was stronger. I desperately tried to fight my attraction to the same sex, because I knew if I gave in that would mean a lifetime as an outcast in my family.
You see, my father was a pastor and my mother was a physician. I came from a very stable background, and my parents were heavily into the church. They controlled everything in my life. They financed my education, sent me money every month, and paid virtually every bill that I had. They wanted to see me succeed in life, and I didn't want to disappoint them.
When I moved to Atlanta I met other gay men who were more comfortable with their sexual orientation. I pulled strength from these men, and bonded with them immediately. They taught me that it was ok to be gay, and that life was too short to live my life for others. Over the next few months my circle started to consist of nothing but gay men. I felt comfortable. I felt that I could express myself without judgement, and…. for the first time ever I felt accepted. As time passed by, I started coming out of the closet a little more each day. At first, I would never attend a gay club because of fear of being outed. My friends eventually talked me into attending a gay club for the first time. I was nervous! You see, I had a sister who attended Spelman College and four other male cousins who attended Clark. The last thing I needed was my family to find out my sexual orientation. That would mean the possibility of my parents cutting me completely off, and they were the ones paying for my tuition, books, and college expenses.
- Posted on March 5th, 2013
- Posted by Luckey
- 6 Comments »
- Filed under: HIV Awareness, LGBT
- Tags: authorities, bridge, Burks, gay men, HIV, Isaac Don Burks, isaacs, Ish, Issac Burks, Manhattan, medium brown skin, Men And Women, Monster, New York, NEW YORK CITY, outbreak, police say, Sexual Partners, Six Feet, Stefan, Stephawn, Stephen, transmission of hiv, york city area, york man, york residents
- Last 24 hours: 20,285
- Last 7 days: 136,330
- Last 30 days: 328,211
- Online now: 24
- Dear Luckey…..Harpo Who Dis Man under Ask Luckey
- Actor Omari Hardwick’s Sex Scene! under Actors
- 5 Things Tops Want Bottoms to Know by TheeSupaman! under Sex Talk
- Nick Jonas.. under Singers
- #Watch: #BrokeStraightBoys –The Reality Television Series under Adult Industry
- 5 More Things Tops Want Bottoms to Know by TheeSupaman! under Sex Talk
- #Download: Damez “Midnight On Cloud Nine” under LGBT Entertainers
- The Mark #ATL under Gay Clubs And Events
- All Porn Models Shooting In California Must Wear Condoms! under Adult Industry
- #NextDoorEbony 50% Off Membership With $1 Trial! under Studios